Words to live by.....

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" -Winston Churchill

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" -Grateful Dead

Friday, November 20, 2009

How time flies! I can't believe the Holidays are here! Its been a great fall here in Sandpoint, and we have so enjoyed being home for a while! We did spent some time in Maui with my Dad (check out the pic's below) which was wonderful. The kids love seeing him, as do Mike and I. And there is nothing like water and sand to keep 8 kids happy all day long, then fall into bed asleep nice and early :-) The kids are all doing wonderfully. We are homeschooling this year and the bonding it is creating among the kids is such fun to watch. They are all progressing well academically, and having a great time homeschooling. Its terrific to have them home so much, and to be able to be spontaneous (as in take a 2 week trip to Maui in October :-) and be able to take advantage of having no set school schedule. Freedom!

Mahlia is just thriving, and she is so adored by the whole family. She has gone from not even on the growth charts at 9 months old, to in the 55% at 13th months. She came home wearing a 3-6 month size (at 9 months) and is now in a size 12-18 months at 13 months! Talk about catching up! She is now crawling all over the place at lightning speed, and into EVERYTHING! Good thing I have 7 other sets of eyes on her! She is starting to try to pull up to standing, she'll walk before too long. And she's babbling away, with a few words thrown in now and then as well. Amazing. I can't tell you how head over heals in love we ALL are with her. She is such a blessing!

So as I sit here on National Adoption Day, I feel so grateful that Mike and I have been lucky enough to adopt the 6 children that have joined our family through adoption. What LUCKY parents we are to be blessed by adoption, and by all 10 of our wonderful children.
If there is any part of you considering adoption, please please go for it, you'll be glad you did!

Peace and Love,
Jennifer

No comments: