Words to live by.....

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" -Winston Churchill

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" -Grateful Dead

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby Mahlia is finally home! My dear cousin Kim (who accompanied me on the trip to Ethiopia), Mahlia, and I arrived back in the USA on July 11th. We spend a week at my Mom's house in Princeton, NJ, which was great. Mike had flown with our youngest 7 kids from Spokane to NJ (no easy feat!) to meet us there and Lauren and Sean drove from VA and NY to be there as well. It was wonderful to have all 10 kids together! We had such a fun week, and Mahlia was the center of attention!

We got home to Sandpoint on the 18th of July and Mahlia has fit into our family like a glove. The kids dote on her and love her to pieces. She is already a Daddy's girl! Mike and I are loving having a baby again, she is such a delight! Poor baby had Giardia, but we are 1/2 way though the course of meds to clear it up, and she is already feeling so much better. She is such a happy and sweet baby girl, we are so lucky!!!!

The trip to Addis Ababa was amazing. Kim and I so enjoyed the city, and the people were so kind and helpful. I miss it and am already looking forward to a return trip one day! I posted some pic's below of our time in Addis and NJ. More to come soon!

Hugs,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Stacey said...

She is adorable! Congratulations!!

Nicole said...

Hi! I've been following your blog for awhile. I am so happy to see you post about your new addition! CONGRATS!!!
:-)
-Nicole
www.bakerssweets.blogspot.com