Words to live by.....

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" -Winston Churchill

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" -Grateful Dead

Saturday, November 01, 2008

I can't believe its already November! Time has seemed to fly by since we moved to Sandpoint at the end of August. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun because we LOVE Sandpoint! The kids are all loving school and have quickly made friends here. They love being outdoors and are enjoying all the freedom that living in the country brings. The horses seem to love it here too. Sandpoint even has a mellowing effect on them! The barn and indoor are progressing rapidly. The barn will be finished next week (yay!!!), and the indoor in about 3 weeks. Luckily the weather has been fabulous so we are able to work the horses in the outdoor ring so they haven't skipped a beat. Fingers crossed the weather holds out another few weeks! Mike and I really feel like we have found home here in Sandpoint. The people are wonderful and we have made some great new friends. It is perhaps the most beautiful place I have ever seen and due to that every day driving is a pleasure. I don't think we'll ever stop being in awe of the beauty here. Life in a small town is much more suitable for our family, and the sense of community here is wonderful. This particular small town is so special as it has multiple terrific restaurants, great skiing, a very good arts, music and theatre environment, and wonderful people! We have a guest room so please come visit anytime :-)
Warmly,
Jennifer and Mike

3 comments:

The Pilgrims said...

I couldn't decide which picture to comment on, so I chose the one with no pics! I am so glad to hear that the transition to Sandpoint has been a good one - particularly with the kids and school! To feel truly settled in a place so quickly is such a blessing and confirms that this was the right move for you and your family! How wonderful! Please give hugs to the kiddos for me - particularly Ciara and Hunter. I miss them, but it sure is good to see their photos on-line! :)
Take care, Becky

Family4Liv said...

Ditto to above comment! It sure looks beautifull there. Hope your move went smoothly. My daughter and I are of course very much impressd with the barn and equine facilities!!!

We finally LOA for our little waiting for us in Fuzhou China!! YAEH!!
Cathy Z.

Family4Liv said...

Oh my gosh I just checked to see how things were going with the family and horses! YEAH you are going to Ethiopia for a baby girl!!!

You are such an inspiration!

Blessings to you!

My Hannah says if you ever need help on the ranch??? Her passion is in the hunter jumper ring and little ones from afar!!Unfortuantley we had to sell her warmblood,she is still upset with us!!!

Im really happy for you and this new little blessing!!