Words to live by.....

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" -Winston Churchill

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" -Grateful Dead

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Well its been 3 months since I last updated our blog and we have squeezed a lot into that 3 months! The most important event of the last 3 months was our trip to China in December to bring Ruby home. Mike, myself, and 7 of our 9 (I can't believe that number...) children spent 2 wonderful weeks in China. On the trip were Lauren(21), Ciara(10), Hunter(9), Kai(5), Sophie(4), Holly(3) and we were joined on day 2 by Ruby(7). Missing on this trip were Sean(19) and Catherine(14), but luckily both have been to China on our previous adoption trips so they have been through this life changing experience. I simply cannot find words to describe what a blessing Ruby has been to our family. She is a truly remarkable child who we are in awe of, and we feel honored to be her parents. Ruby has been through a lot in her 7 years, more then a child of her age should have had to deal with, yet she is a ray of sunshine and has an amazing spirit. Ruby is smart, has a great sense of humor, and has jumped into our family with both feet and landed firmly right in the middle! We all adore her and feel SO LUCKY to be her family! Here are a few pictures to give you a glimpse into our trip to China.

1 comment:

Krista Dolan said...

Hi Jennifer
Congratulations on bringing Ruby home. We have an incredible family! 9 kids..amazing...We have (soon to be)4 and if I could I would have a dozen more! LOL

We have accepted a referral of a beautiful, sweet little boy from Tianjin. Zhang, Han Lin. (He has a birth mark on his forehead.)

I was wondering if you know how I could try to get some updated information on him. The reports we have are over 7 months old!
I do know that he is in a foster care program. But that is all.
I appreciate any information you might be able to pass on!
thank you soo much